Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese
1/4 cup elbow macaroni (cooked)
1/4 cup margarine
1 tbsp minced onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup milk
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1/4 tsp ground mustard
4 oz processed American cheese (cubed)
1 tsp dried parsley (optional)
1 tsp dried basil (optional)
1. Heat butter in a pan and cook onion until become pink in color.
2. Add flour and cook until pleasant smell starts to come from the flour, it would take 2 min.
3. Now gradually add milk to the flour mixture and stir constantly to form smooth batter and no
lumps would be there.
4. When batter becomes smooth add rest of the ingredients including salt, pepper, cheese and
mustard and mix them well.
5. When the sauce gets thick, remove the pan from heat and gently mix with macaroni so that
batter coats evenly around the macaroni.
6. Pour the macaroni mixture into the greased casserole dish and sprinkle dried parsley and basil
on top. Bake in preheated oven for 20 min at 400 degrees F until a fine golden brown color
appears at the top of macaroni.