Chili's Southwest Chicken Chili
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced onions
1 1/3 cups diced green bell pepper
2 tbsp diced seeded jalapeño pepper
3 tbsp fresh minced garlic
4 ½ cup water
8 tspn chicken base
2 tspn lime juice
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp ground cumin
2 1/2 tbsp ground chili powder
4 tspn ground paprika
4 tspn dried basil
2 tspn freshly minced cilantro
1 1/2 tspn ground red pepper
1/2 tspn ground oregano
1/2 cup crushed canned tomatillos (see note)
1 x 4 oz can diced green chilies, drained
2 x 15 oz cans navy beans or small white beans, drained
1 x 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained
3 lb diced cooked chicken breast
shredded cheese and sour cream, for garnish, optional
1. In 5-quart or larger pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and sauté along with bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic.
3. Cook until vegetables are tender.
4. In another container, combine water, chicken base, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch and
seasonings. Add to vegetable mixture.
5. Add tomatillos and diced green chilies to pot; bring to boil.
6. Add beans and chicken; simmer 10 minutes.
7. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream if desired, with tortilla chips on the side.