Chipotle Grill Pork Carnitas
1 pork shoulder roast
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
4 medium tomatoes
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cumin powder
2 bay leaves
2 whole cloves
2 dried chipotle chilies
3/4 cup water or meat stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Salt and pepper the pork and allow the meat to come to room temperature.
3. Add olive oil to a large oven proof pan.
4. Sear the pork over medium high heat to brown on all sides.
5. Remove pork from the pan and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add onions and cook over low heat until translucent.
7. Return pork to the pan and add the remaining ingredients.
8. Cover and place in the oven.
9. Cook for 2-3 hours until the internal temperature reaches 140-150 degrees.
10. Let pork roast rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.